Sunday, November 15, 2009

this is just ... last minute and...just ... butterflies.

10:10 on a Sunday evening. I'm about to go in my room, shut the door, do homework and call it a night. Then I realized, I didn't give anything away today! Nothing. I kept everything to myself. In fact, people gave me things! I got a free coffee and bagel from Dunkin Donuts from my friend this morning. My roommate gave me some of her popcorn. I also took a piece of someones gum this morning. I took all these things from people, and I didn't give one thing in return. (Not to mention all those things were food items. Clearly Im a poor starving college student who cant afford to feed herself properly and takes everybody else's food. I should probably stop doing that.)

Yesterday I gave two things. I gave my headphones to my roommate for the day, and I gave soda to my other roommate. Same with another day this week, I remember giving two things away. But I don't think that makes up for giving nothing today. I mean, some days its easy. Some days people just straight up ask me for things and all that I have to do is say "Yes, here you go. You can have this of mine" or "Yes, I will give that to you." Or something along those lines. Its just so easy I just give something away simply because somebody asked me to.

And then a day like today comes, and nobody asked me for anything and therefore I didn't give anything away! Im astounded. Im actually pretty dissappointed in myself. Not once did an opportunity come up where I could give something away ... ? I must not be trying hard enough. I really need to step up my game. It's only been 8 days and Im already slacking! I have 3 more weeks to go!

Well, I wasn't going to let this go. I have to give something away today. So one of my best friends was over helping another one of my best friends with her homework. So I wrote her a thank you card for being my best friend. But it was just too hilarious to me that I couldn't think of anything better to give away right now besides a dinky little thank you card, so I made it more hilarious by googling friendship quotes to put in the card ...


Your friendship is special
Like the flowers that bloom,
Or when a butterfly emerges
From within its cocoon...

You remind me of that butterfly,
Loving and free,
Bright and colorful,
For the world to see...

We will share sunshine and rainbows;
Sometimes, the rain and the snow;
We'll stand together through it,
While the cold winds blow...

When the time is right,
We won't stop to ask "Why?"
Our friendship will take flight
On the wings of a butterfly ...



If I came up with this myself, I'd be impressed. But I didn't. I googled it. So its just pathetic and hilarious. We got a good kick out of my poor attempt to "give something away" that was clearly last minute. So maybe in this case, I can classify tonight as giving away laughter. Or my dignity. Either one ... it's done. On the wings of a butterfly .... oh my.

No comments:

Post a Comment